Thursday, October 11, 2007

Twice a day, I pass death on my way.

Death smiles at me.
A smile, that is at once, reassuring and terrifying.

I watch, unable to tear my eyes away from it.
The frantic clucking turns into a drawn out scream of agony.
That too, dies away.

Death looks up, from the puddles of blood, from the sanitized white-tiled floor,
and smiles.
A sickening, terrifying smile.

Death, in the bloody knife on the counter, in the money handed over.
Death: packaged, sealed and delivered.

Then it all gets swallowed up… in the all-consuming hunger that we live for, live in.

Death fades away.
Other sights and sounds take over.

It’s all sealed and shelved, until tomorrow…

3 comments:

CheshireCat said...

it's all sealed and shelved until tomorrow...
yes,of course.



(p.s.me likes.
a lot.)

cyber monkey said...

thankies! horrid, though. isn't it?

AbhijanB said...

It's wonderfully delicate and agonising.
But you had to mention Clucking isn't it?