Saturday, November 1, 2008

cure

I hate doctors.

no offence to doctors, really. i know quite a few in person, and they're all very nice people, i have absolutely no reason to complain.
but, soon as they go to work, and get all brisk, professional and doctory, i want to have nothing to do with them anymore.

this should not be confused with being 'afraid of doctors', which is not what it is, not at all! it's dislike, really!
paediatricians are great, but all their attempts to distract me, when i was a kid, only made me more nervous and suspicious. he'd be saying "so, do you have any pets?", and I'd just know (with that freaky 6th sense thing that 6 year olds are supposed to have) that he had the hepatitis shot ready in his hand.
i mean, they're sooo noble, they save lives... i know! but they also trick children with candy and friendly chitchat!

i must go see a doctor i about an hour, who will scrutinise and say judgmental things about my tonsils. what if i like my tonsils!?

given a choice, i'd keep the achey neck and swollen nodes! okay, not really.
but i don't want to see a doctor!
:(

5 comments:

Rhea Silvia said...

erm... from a fellow-sufferer, sympathies. My Dadu's a doctor and I know exactly what you mean: puro JekyllandHyde shift.

Magically Bored said...

I hate doctors, because they give injections and take blood tests.
:(

AbhijanB said...

send em a hate mail weeli :P

storyteller said...

err?You'd want the achy swollen nodes? :O

cyber monkey said...

bless you, antibiotics :)