Wednesday, October 29, 2008

malady

okay, let me explain my situation to you.
i have swollen lymph nodes on my neck, which means that my face is now round, so that i look something like this:


I'm also running a temperature,have the most spectacular neck-ache, and every time i try to chew something, my lower jaw hurts like it's going to fall off.
this has compelled me to sacrifice, among other things, a steak sizzler lunch.

also, my belief that my parents either
a) have the mental development of five year olds, or
b) secretly want to kill me
has been reaffirmed by the fact that they tried to give me a disprin pill, 'dissolved' in cold water! upon remembering that disprin is in fact supposed to be dissolved in warm water, the heated the entire mess, half dissolved disprin and all, and then made me drink it.

I've been surviving on liquids for the last couple of days, and because my Dida is away, i have absolutely no one to fuss over me.
my cat only sticks around so that she can curl up under my blanket, and my Dad has been trying, in his own special annoying, nagging-tone, to convince me to wrap a scarf around my head.

and there's never anything good on T.V. *sigh*

11 comments:

precisely said...

sick is a miserable thing to be :(

get well soon. *hug*

Anonymous said...

Wow, you head looks like an onion now? :O

I had a similar problem when I had mumps a few years back. Hurts like hell, and you can't even eat anything. :x

Thresia said...

the worst part is the steak lunch, rit?
poor you!
get well soon!
and parents can be big sore pain in the *ahem* when you re sick....they are built that way i guess! :D

Anonymous said...

watch om shanti om if you haven't watched it. and get well soon.

Rhea Silvia said...

poor poor neeli. *hug*

Watch random Star World serials. Once you've sat through the Forresters being, well, the Forresters, the rest of the world seems a better place.

storyteller said...

Oh my God!I was suffering from the same thing,and my jaw still hurts ,yuck liquid diets suck.Get well soon.

cyber monkey said...

@ precisely,
thankew :)

@ the prophet,
*gulp* this could be mumps? :(
cwap!

@ sia,
yeees! :( *wails*
so it's all parents, then? at least i'm not alone in my suffering.

@ bhooter raja,
watched it twice *sheepish grin*

@ rhea,
will i understand stuff if i've never watched before?

@ storyteller,
fellow sore-gland person *yay* :)

CheshireCat said...

:D
Oh sorry, wrong expression.

:(

Monidipa said...

prolly your dad is being wise about the scarf, since the lower part of your face does look like an onion.

but *hug*

cyber monkey said...

@ sohini,
:O
with fraands like these...

@mandy,
you mean he's trying to shield other people from the horror of looking at me?
:(
NOT an onion! more like an egg.

Magically Bored said...

Aww there there, you'll be better before you know it.
*hug*